Thursday, November 10, 2005

NANOWRINO

LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW: The completely awesome smooth R&B album Street Soul (Beatmart), by Pee Wee Callins.

For those of you who aren't (yet) with the program, this is National Novel Writing Month. The deal is to write a 50,000-word novel between Nov. 1 and midnight Nov. 30.

Since I already have a novel due with Harvest House in a few months, this seemed as good time as any to get cracking. My first week went pretty well; I made it to about 12,000 words. However, since a lot of that was "info dump" type stuff, I quickly realized it was turning into less of a novel and into more of a really, really big synopsis, or even (to sound arty) a "proto-novel."

However, as I mentioned over at the Faith*in*Fiction message board,
I now have my doubts about making it to 50,000 words for my novel-in-a-month by Nov. 30. I just spent the last few days editing the galley for Deliver Us From Evelyn ... and not only does that put me behind with NaNoWriMo, but now my brain is fried.

(And it does not help that I am the proud owner of The Munsters Season Two and have yet to watch any of it.)

But I'll trudge on and see how far I get ...
Post a Comment

Die Laughing: Funny Crime and Mystery Fiction

SHE'S THE SHERIFF!

A woman with a complicated past returns home to become the small town's new sheriff. Best Mann For The Job is by the writer/artist team of Chris and Erica Well. Read it from the beginning at StudioWell.com. Watch the trailer on YouTube.