Thursday, November 24, 2005

THANKSGIVING UPDATES GALORE

I guess I'm getting down to the final edits of Deliver Us From Evelyn. Yesterday, I was pdf'd a set of new pages that were added after the book had already been typeset.

We went through galley corrections a couple of weeks ago -- for those of you don't know what that means, the "galley" in this case is the typeset pages that are sent around to reviewers and other people who need to read the book before it is published.

During the galley stage, I am surprised to say, I made some significant cuts to the book. In fact, between the 10 pages or so I cut (including three entire chapters), and the two expanded chapters and all-new chapter in these pages yesterday, anyone reading an advance galley of the book is in for a different experience.

The end result is that book you see on shelves come March 2006 will be tighter, leaner, and more action-packed.

(I wonder -- do all novelists make such savage changes so late in the process?)

I also just now uploaded a revised version of my page at StudioWell.com. While not a complete overhaul, it does position it more as my "official" site. Although the ForgivingSolo site has been good to me (and, over the past 8 or 9 months, has grown to include links to pretty much every scrap of info about me or the book that can be found on the Web), it is hardly my "brand." For the rest of these five novels -- and the many novels I hope to write after that -- I need to develop an online home that will work for all of them.

Well, I guess that's enough of my Thanksgiving holiday wasted on the computer.

Happy holiday weekend to everybody!
Post a Comment

Die Laughing: Funny Crime and Mystery Fiction

SHE'S THE SHERIFF!

A woman with a complicated past returns home to become the small town's new sheriff. Best Mann For The Job is by the writer/artist team of Chris and Erica Well. Read it from the beginning at StudioWell.com. Watch the trailer on YouTube.