Monday, August 21, 2006

Salem Publishing's August Employee of the Month


GETTING TO KNOW YOU…

Full Name: Christopher Scott Well

Nicknames (keep them family-friendly, please): When I was a kid with a 10-speed bike, I always wanted the nickname “Flash,” but it never caught on.

Any family stats you’d like to share? Wife, Erica; family back in Illinois (mom, sister, brother-in-law, the two greatest nephews in the world); in-laws in Manhattan

Where is “home” to you? Wherever my wife is

Pets? Not in Nashville

Do you still have your tonsils? Yes (why, what have you heard?)

As a child, what did you want to be when you “grew up”? Batman

First album/cassette/8-track purchased: 45 RPM single of Sweet’s “Piece of the Action” b/w “Ballroom Blitz”

Name of your first date: Jeanne Shampine

What was the theme song at your prom? Probably something by Journey or REO Speedwagon.

Who was your “teen idol?” Can’t remember. When I was in grade school, Lee Majors (TV’s Six Million Dollar Man) was pretty awesome.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? I don’t know ... three? ... five?

Favorite Movie(s) of All Time: I like a lot of movies, but Charade (1963, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn) is my all-time favorite.

Favorite TV show(s): Cheers, Newsradio, Monk, Columbo, The Munsters and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Favorite book(s): Between Heaven and Hell, Peter Kreeft (an imaginary conversation in the afterlife among C.S. Lewis, John F. Kennedy and Aldous Huxley, all of whom died within hours of each other); The Philippian Fragment, Calvin Miller (a satirical “lost” book of the Bible); The Great Divorce, C.S. Lewis (wherein a busload of Hell’s prisoners visit Heaven—and, shockingly, talk themselves into going back). Also: Maximum Bob by Elmore Leonard, American Tabloid by James Ellroy and Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami.

Favorite singer/band: Crowded House

Favorite (non-Salem) magazine: Wired

Favorite ethnic food (Taco Bell doesn’t count): Empanadas

Favorite concert: Crowded House (with opening act Sheryl Crow), once at 328 Performance Hall in Nashville, again a week later at the American Theatre in St. Louis; only seven days apart, but two completely different sets

Ever been arrested, and if so, why? No (seriously, what have you heard?)

Favorite material possession: My DVDs

Favorite vacation spot: home (although I would like to go back to Times Square when I have time to enjoy it)

City/country you’d most like to visit for the first time: Memphis

Do you speak (or attempt to speak) any foreign language(s)? I’ve got to re-learn Spanish before Erica and I have kids.

Do you play any musical instruments? If you had asked me in high school, I would have listed piano, guitar, alto sax, recorder and harmonica.

Guilty Pleasure(s): Well, I make a tidy profit selling bootleg nicotine patches to the elderly. (But I actually feel pretty good about it, so maybe that doesn’t count.)

What annoys you: People who ask me my “guilty pleasure”

Your worst habit: Making up some stupid answer when people ask me my “guilty pleasure”

Your best trait (don’t be modest!): I take everything very seriously.

Biggest celebrity you’ve ever met, and where/how: Super Bowl MVP Kurt Warner (interview for Profile magazine) and mega-selling British pop legend Cliff Richard (I sat right next to him at a press luncheon—I was a nervous wreck!)

What’s the deal with Alec Baldwin? Under the terms of the restraining order, I am not allowed to comment on Mr. Baldwin.

Church you attend: Bethel World Outreach Center

Name three of your heroes (non-divine): Any man or woman who risks their lives in the line of duty as a police officer, fire fighter or soldier

PC or Mac? I am ambidextrous.

What is your idea of a perfect day? A day at home with my wife making comics and watching DVDs

Best advice you’ve ever been given? A friend told me to email this lady he knew named Erica Rodriguez who worked at DC Comics. My life was never the same again.
Post a Comment

Die Laughing: Funny Crime and Mystery Fiction

SHE'S THE SHERIFF!

A woman with a complicated past returns home to become the small town's new sheriff. Best Mann For The Job is by the writer/artist team of Chris and Erica Well. Read it from the beginning at StudioWell.com. Watch the trailer on YouTube.