Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Write fast, edit slow

As I read through my galley for NURSING A GRUDGE, I'm surprised at all the little continuity things that somehow slipped past several very bright and alert people in previous rounds. Maybe I have been too rushed when I revise ... so I'm going to try living by my new mantra, "Write fast, edit slow."

But I take some comfort in the fact that, apparently, there's a continuity mistake in HAMLET ... which, in the thousands of times it has been staged over the centuries, nobody noticed until fairly recently. (I read about it in Pierre Bayard's book Sherlock Holmes Was Wrong: Reopening the Case of the Hound of the Baskervilles.)
Post a Comment

Die Laughing: Funny Crime and Mystery Fiction

SHE'S THE SHERIFF!

A woman with a complicated past returns home to become the small town's new sheriff. Best Mann For The Job is by the writer/artist team of Chris and Erica Well. Read it from the beginning at StudioWell.com. Watch the trailer on YouTube.