Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Margot Kinberg: How She Does It

Alan Orloff at A Million Blogging Monkeys welcomes guest blogger Margot “The Mystery Professor” Kinberg, who shares how she puts together her amazing detective fiction roundups at Confessions of a Mystery Novelist:
Once I have my idea for what to write, I think about other books I’ve read that have something to do with the idea I have. There’s no magic to that, really. I’ve read a lot of crime fiction books, like everyone else who’s a crime fiction fan. So I think about books I’ve read. I often catch myself thinking, “Didn’t Colin Dexter/Agatha Christie/Michael Connelly/Barbara Vine/Someone else write a book where X happened?”
Seriously, I want my blog to be just like her blog when it grows up. (Or something like that.) Read the whole article here.

Here are some recent entries from Confessions of a Mystery Novelist:

You and Me Were Meant to be For Each Other (pets in crime fiction)
But There Aren't Any Pictures! (detectives in comics and graphic novels)
...All The Con Men and Their Acrobats (con artists in mysteries)
I'm Sailing Away (detective investigations at sea)
Sweeping Away the Side Issues... (red herrings in whodunits)

Related links:
B-VERY FLAT by Margot Kinberg
75 Mystery Series: 1887-2008
Murderous Beginnings: 40 Detective Fiction Firsts
All Aboard For Murder: 10 Mysteries and Thrillers On Trains
Christmas Can Be Murder: 10 Seasonal Mystery Titles
Post a Comment

Die Laughing: Funny Crime and Mystery Fiction

SHE'S THE SHERIFF!

A woman with a complicated past returns home to become the small town's new sheriff. Best Mann For The Job is by the writer/artist team of Chris and Erica Well. Read it from the beginning at StudioWell.com. Watch the trailer on YouTube.